Christmas is heading our way. This year I will spend it with my family and I am so grateful for another year together. I know as Nat and Rob get older and make their own lives they will probably want to spend Christmas with other people which makes every year together more precious than the last.
I have a personal tradition, I can't start with preparation for Christmas before my wedding anniversary which is on the 10th. (24 years today!) This year I have made a small exception... I have written my own Christmas Wish List, these are the things I would be thrilled to find in my stocking and if any of my family are reading this, yes any of these would be fantastic.
1. A basket for the front of my bike so I can take my beads to the Post Office easily. At the moment I have to carry everything in a back pack and it's not too bad but I get into a horrible tangle trying when I am wearing all my cold weather cycling gear. Invariably I smack someone else in the Post Office queue with it and it's only a matter of time until fisticuffs are brought into play!
2. A hat with ear flaps to keep my ears warm on aforementioned bike rides. I know, I know, I should wear my cycling helmet but it seems to be designed to actually force my ears out from under my hair and into the oncoming frozen wind. One of these days my ears are going to snap off when I take my helmet off.
3. A haircut so I look a bit less like Olive from "On the Buses" ...don't know/remember Olive? here is a picture... enough said!
4. A new stool for the shed so I can actually sit down to make beads. My old one literally shattered while I was mid-bead I'm still not sure how I didn't damage myself with a huge gob of molten glass as I went crashing to the floor a couple of months back.
5. A term of yoga so I don't go insane over the next few months. I am not going to expand upon that but let's just say it would be the kindest gift of all.
So there we have it my top 5 wishes for Christmas this year, what are you hoping to find under your tree?